Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Plateau - but it's a beautiful 500 days until...

My wedding. I am calling this my plateau because I have officially hit it. Smacked into it. Broke a couple of teeth. I'm just not excited at the moment, maybe it's stress, maybe it's that thing where you hate the dark and the cold because it makes you depressed. You know that whole piece of advice that says "don't talk about your wedding all the time with your friends and family because then they won't want to spend time with you." Welp, I don't want to spend time with wedding me.

I think I got too excited in the very beginning. Too gung ho - I got too happy in the beginning and on a roll to pick out colors and my dress and more and more stuff. But I didn't take a second to realize I need to soak up my engagement first. I need to appreciate time with my FI, not make every time I am with my FI about him being my co-wedding planner. It should be natural, I should be excited...but right now I just want a piece of pizza, a beer & some good TV.

I will get to the bag of wedding stuff from the Expo this weekend eventually, and I will pick out my centerpiece materials and my photographers next week. I just want to procrastinate this week. I want to hang my head low and just be engaged and happy about it. My FI is sooooooo excited about our wedding, he has the planning jitterbug now. I don't want him to see that I am not so excited and get bummed.

Wedding karma fairy, please give me back my engagement jitter excitement....oh please, please, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment